Workout of the Week: Aug. 28, 2018
Strong running means we're using our mighty hamstrings reflexively to pull ankles toward hips. This Banded Pull Drill will help you feel that pull pathway and will build muscle memory along the way:
- Start with a medium weight band and use the length of your shoe to secure. If you don't yet have a band, I highly recommend buying one for mobility and different run drills.
- Loop the band over your shoulder
- Keep knees and ankles relaxed (or you'll end up with face full of band)
- Take a small step forward with your non-banded foot and allow the band to pull your opposite ankle toward your hip.
- Repeat for 20 steps total and then run it out 50m.
Then, after a sufficient warmup, run 10 sets of 40 seconds FAST/HARD + 1:20 EASY. Run the 1:20 as slow as necessary to be rested enough to hit the 40-second sprints hard and fast.