Workout of the Week: April 26, 2018
Run Squat Ladder
Before the workout, perform 4 sets of 20 Pulls in Place per leg:
- Focus on good body position: neutral pelvis, ribcage pulled down, shoulder blades pulled down, arms in, hands relaxed, neutral head, soft knees and relaxed ankles
- Make sure your supporting leg is not locked out, knee should be soft
- Keep core engaged and hips pointed forward
- Initiate the PULL with your hamstrings
- Keep pull straight up and straight down. And make it snappy!
- Make sure entire foot touches down each time (heel too)
- Following each set of 20/leg, run it out 50m.
Then, after a sufficient warmup, perform this workout:
- 200m + 20 air squats
- Rest 1 minute
- 400m + 40 air squats
- Rest 90 seconds
- 800m + 80 air squats
- Rest 2 minutes
- 1000m + 100 air squats
- Marathoners only: rest 3-5 minutes and then run 5k at marathon pace goal race pace (NOT 5k PACE).